Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Pollenator



I enjoy watching nature at work. Last year a squirrel stole the seeds out of a pumpkin that I left on my front steps. He must have dropped on by the fence, because I discovered a wild pumpkin plant growing there. My love for pumpkins has prevented me from removing the plant, even if it is out of place. Inside the flower is The Pollenator. Busy at work inside this beautiful yellow flower, he will help the flower to produce its fruit. Hopefully, I will get another pumpkin this year.



Camera Critters

9 comments:

Kahshe Cottager said...

Love the golden flower and the bee together. I am sure you will get a pumpkin or two if this little guy does his work!
My Camera Critters Here and Here

bobbie said...

I hope you do get a pumpkin from the little fellow's work.

Misty DawnS said...

Beautiful captures! I too love to sit back and watch nature... it's my favorite thing to do... other than take photos of it, of course ;-)

ratmammy said...

very gorgeous!

Michele said...

OH GOSH, this is fantastic close ups. I surely hope you receive the biggest pumpkin ever!! Great photography!
Mountain Retreat Photos

i beati said...

very inteesting shot sandy

Jane Hards Photography said...

Love the title. Would to see the pumkin shots next year. Great shots.

June said...

I enjoy seeing where new plants pop up thanks to birds and animals doing their thing. We have a whole new row of blackberry bushes that were "planted" along our fence thanks to them.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

VI: Cool shot of the bee.